Start: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 6:00 PM(US/Central)
End: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 6:30 PM(US/Central)
Duration: 30 minutes
Their start time: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 7:00 PM(US/Eastern)
Their end time: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 7:30 PM(US/Eastern)
Title of event/project:
Learn about this FREE Virtual Exchange program
Participants should go to this link to start the project. URL to project/event starting point:
Know My World is excited to share our world with you!
In preparation for our September to December 2018 EveryWorld Initiative (EWI), an exciting opportunity for classrooms around the globe to connect with each other using Know My World’s philosophy of virtual exchange, we will be hosting two Facebook live events on September 20th at 7:00 am EST and 7:00 pm EST. The event is open to all! Come join one of our brief sessions (20-30 minutes) to learn more about the process of Know my World exchanges as we talk about the experience of this program and what it can do for your classroom. Our Education Coordination Direction Team, Alicia Rescigno and Jack Haskell, will be hosting the events and answering these questions:
• Who is Know My World?
• What is the EveryWorld Initiative (EWI) and why was it created?
• How do I apply for the program?
• What happens if I am selected for the program?
• What are the outcomes?
• What have past participants said about their experiences?
We will also open up a Q & A to answer any other questions you may have.We hope to see you there!
Project/event directions for participation:
• To join our Facebook Live events, please follow the link to like the Know My World Facebook page.
• On Monday, September 18th, 2018 at either time slot (7am or 7pm EST), go online to our Facebook page to watch live, comment, and ask any questions.
• Each session will be between 20-30 minutes, including Q&A
• Please share this event with friends, colleagues and schools using @knowmyworld_org on Twitter or @knowmyworld on Facebook.
• Tags to use: #globaled18 #knowmyworldfacebooklive
This event can be categorized as a:
This event is intended for the following audience(s):
pre-service teachers, teachers, administrators
Primary language(s) to be spoken at this event:
Contact First Name:
Contact Last Name:
Contact Twitter Handle:
Host school or organization:
Know My World
Host School or Organization Website URL:
Host Location and Time Zone (UTC):
New York - 5
This event is organized by:
A non-profit organization
Make sure to check out these events in YOUR TIME ZONE using our customized Google calendars. Click here and scroll down to the bottom of this webpage and select your time zone.
Lucy Gray & Steve Hargadon
We are the organizers of Global Collaboration Day. Visit our main site!